Saturday, September 17, 2011

3 More Cookie Recipes Baked on a Cool September Saturday

The weather outside was cool and damp so I thought it would be a good day to continue with my cookie baking journey.  I baked Monster Cookies on page 10, Oatmeal and Gingersnaps both on page 12.  My home smelled so very good from the gingersnaps baking, and felt very warm from the heat given off by the oven.  I want to take few minutes to share a few observations about baking cookies when my husband is home.  He loves to make lots of suggestions about what bowl to use, which mixer to use, and how often he should be able to taste test the final project.  I did sugest to him that he could be my assistant, you know, get the ingredients and put them back away, however, he declined my offer. Thank goodness. I really don't need an assistant but I thought I would offer him the position anyway.  I sort of knew that he would not accept my offer since football was on TV.  My other observation is that I should probably do my baking when he is not home.  The freshly baked cookies seemed to be too big of a tempation for him so I threated him that if I saw him eat one more cookie I would write on my blog about how many he ate and then our 4 children could read about it on my blog and then they would ALL call and talk sternly to him about eating cookies.  That seemed to work, or should I say I think it worked.  I did take a basket of cookies across the road to our neighbor Bob and his friend Carol.  They sent me home with 2 pieces of a freshly baked warm raspberry pie.  It was delicious. I've decided to try to keep track of how much of each ingredient I will use throughout this whole process.  My husband commented to me that he would keep buying bags of flour and sugar every time he goes to the store.  He also asked me about some of the recipes that use a liquor, what I was going to do about that.  I told him that I would buy the liquor that  was needed for the cookies, use it, and then finish off the leftovers at a later date. He knew I was kidding.  I will have to figure that out when I get to those recipes.  I knew he would find a way to become a part of this adventure.  It actually has become a sort of family adventure already.  All I have to do is put on Facebook that I am baking cookies and I get many "likes" from family and friends and requests to send them cookies.  My daughter Kathryn actually screamed,"...I love those cookies" over the phone when I told her that I baked Monster Cookies.  My oldest daughter, Elizabeth, has volunteered to take pictures of the cookies so that I can post them on my blog.  I do have to say that they do look and taste might good.  I think tomorrow will be another good day for baking.  The Packer game is on so I know my "assistant" will be busy.

1 comment:

  1. Mar, you have to give me a fair warning as to when you are baking again. I want to make sure my container is home to be refilled again!!! I would like to make a request of peanut butter cookies with kisses on top!!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete