Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cookies-A New Start

On June 9, 2011, I retired from a 35 year teaching career.  My 4 children asked me what I planned on doing now that I was retired.  In response to their question I pointed at a 575 page cookbook titled "The Great American Cookie Cookbook" and told them that I was going to bake every single cookie recipe in that book.  After we all had a good laugh they told me that it was a good idea, so here I am beginning the great cookie baking journey.  I began yesterday by baking the first 3 recipes from the book.  I put on Facebook what I was doing and 2 people commented that I start a cookie baking blog like the book Julie and Juliete.  I don't know that cookie baking will be anything too exciting for a blog but I thought I would try it.  Yesterday I baked Carrot Cookies, Lemon cookies, and Gaiety Pastel Cookies.  The carrot cookies had carrots and honey in them so I consider them a bit healthy.  The gaiety pastel cookies were made with Jello, and the lemon cookies had coconut in them.  I made 4 trays full of the variety of baked cookies and gave them to my 4 children and asked for their opinions of each type.  They approved of all of them.  Tomorrow I think I will make something with chocolate and nuts.  I hope all my neighbors, relatives, and friends like cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment