Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Helper Tonight

I baked two more recipes from the Great American Cookie Cookbook tonight and I even had a "helper"with my baking.  The recipes I made were Honey Ginger Snaps from page 70 and Peanut Butter Crunchies from page 78.  I do have to say that I was impressed by the taste of both recipes.  Honey Ginger Snaps just seemed to melt in you mouth.  They did not have an overwhelming taste of ginger and the honey helped me to think that I was eating something healthy.  I would definately make that recipe again.  The Peanut Butter Crunchies had a bit of a surprise when you bit into it.  The recipe called for 2/3 cup of almond brickle chips.  It was just a nice surprise for the taste buds biting into those brickle chips.  As for my helper, he did a great job.  He knows how particular I am about following the recipe exactly and he didn't offer any "new" suggestions.  I think he was just happy that I let him in the kitchen.  Since I have been retired I have taken over all the baking and cooking responsibilities.  I know that he is sort of at a loss not doing a lot of the cooking.  It was good having him as a helper tonight.  I could tell that he was very happy that he could use his great big Kitchen Aid mixmaster and beat the crap out of the sugar, shortening and eggs. We were actually able to bake both recipes of cookies in about an hour.  It was fun working together...even though I did have to draw his attention to just how many cookies he was again taste-testing.  The next time I blog I've catch you up on the amounts of ingredients that I am using.  I am trying to keep track of just how much sugar, shortening, chips, etc. I will have to use to bake all the cookies in this book.  Looking forward to having my children taste theses two recipes.  I think they will like both of them.  I have a small box with samples all ready to take over by Bob in the morning.  Hopefully I am not annoying him with all these cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment